Outer Limit Recording Studio can AND WILL give you the BEST chance at impressing the label, getting hits online, selling CDs and mp3s, or getting the gigs that you’re looking for by giving you the best mixing and mastering at a very fair price.
Here’s why Outer Limit Recording Studio is the company you want to use to finish your project:
- Experience – Outer Limit has been amazing clients for over two decades. Our chief engineer has been playing instruments since before the age of three, can play half-a-dozen of them fluently and dabbles in others, has a full four-year music-intensive degree in Sound Recording Technology, and opened Outer Limit Recording Studio in 1993.
- In our city we’re the absolute go-to studio for recording, mixing, and mastering.
- We can get it done FAST for you. Depending on the scope and quality of the songs you send, and if there are no snags with respect to formats, we can generally turn around a project in less than a week.
- Convenient payment options – Paypal and all major credit cards are accepted
- We offer discounts on multiple-song projects
Mixing is the process in which we take all of the elements; the kick, the snare, hats, toms, bass, guitars, harmonica, glockenspiel, chickens, vocals… whatever, and balance them perfectly to give you the professional sound that you need to compete.
Mixing also includes adding effects like compression, EQ, reverb, delay, chorus and dozens of others to make your song stand out above anything you’ve done before – and to stand out above your competition.
If you give us good, cleanly-recorded songs, we’ll give you GREAT results! We’ve been listening, learning, and paying attention to the top acts out there for decades, and we know all the tricks and techniques to giving you the fullest, most crisp and professional sound.
CD mastering, also called Digital Mastering, Audio Mastering, Mastering, Music Mastering, or in this case Online Mastering, is the process whereby we put the finishing touches on the mix. There are many processes and techniques in the mastering process that simply cannot be done during the mixing process. Think of mixing like creating an incredible cake. Mixing is like collecting the absolute best, tastiest ingredients and mixing them in perfect proportions in the proper order and then baking them into a work of art. Mastering is the frosting and decoration on the cake. There’s no way to frost it first or even during the process, just like there’s no way to master as part of a mix.
We use mastering to do many things, but the first thing you’ll notice is that your songs are LOUDER, CLEARER, WIDER, and HIT HARDER. The more you listen to your mastered songs, the more things you’ll notice. You’ll hear that all of the individual instruments and vocals that you thought were great are now even better… you’ll hear that the mix has a certain cohesiveness that it didn’t have before – that it sounds like a SONG instead of just a collection of elements… you’ll hear that the bass KICKS, if appropriate, of course, and that the high-end SHINES. In short, your music will have just taken a giant step toward being RADIO READY.
The mastering job that we will do for you can be the difference between success and failure in the very competitive music industry. Let Outer Limit give you the edge over your competitors.
If you’re ready to have your CD mastered, check out our mastering rates and guidelines today to submit your order.
If you don’t know the power of mastering and would like a sample, you can send us a song that we’ll master a portion of FOR FREE with no obligation. We’re very confident that you’ll love what you hear and come right back for more.
There’s no reason NOT to give us a try. We’ll send a sample back after working on your music, and if you’re not fully satisfied, we’ll refund 100% of your money.
The newest addition to Outer Limit is the Production Suite. Here, for only half of the cost of the studio with an engineer, anyone can rent time to produce beats with either Machine and its controller and keyboard, or with Reason and the controller and/or keyboard. Even people who don’t yet have the experience and skill to produce can use it, as we also offer instruction on the gear AND on how to actually get the ideas out of your head and into the system. Get rid of that old laptop and expired software and get over here.
- Voice work
- On Hold Music
- Books on Tape
- Web Audio / mp3
- Instructional / Training Audio
Outer limit has assembled an array of equipment that is extremely versatile, allowing Ken to utilize it to excel at anything from rock to hip-hop to classical.
Ken’s very carefully chosen selection of mics, compressors and preamps gives any client the potential for a world-class sound, and the rock-solid single channel of a Neumann, AKG or Blue mic straight into an Avalon or Universal Audio pre leaves nothing to be desired.
Digital Audio Workstation
- AMD 8-core 4.0 GHz Processor
- 16 Gigs RAM
- Over 23 Terabytes data space
- 52x CD burner, 24x DVD Burner
- 32 Channel light pipe in-out RME 9652 HDSP Soundcard
Primary Recording and Mixing Software:
- Samplitude ProX2
- Digidesign Pro Tools 10
Beat Creation Software:
- Maschine (with Maschine Controller)
- Reason 8.1
Other Recording and Creation Software:
- Reason Record
- Reason ReCycle
- Native Instruments Pro 52
- Native Instruments B4
- Steinberg Halion
- Reaktor 3.0
- many more…
- Waves Renaissance Gold Bundle
- Drumagog Drum Replacer V5
- iZotope Ozone
- Ohm Force Plugins
- Antares Autotune
- Orange Vocoder
- iZotope Vinyl
- Vandal Guitar Modeling System
- Samplitude Elastic Audio
- Many more
- Mackie HR824 Powered Studio Reference Monitors
- JBL LX44 Mains
- Mirage BPS 411 Bipolar Dual 12″ Subwoofer
- AKG K24ODF
- AKG K270
- Audio Technica ATH-D40
- Audio Technica ATH M3X
- Sony MDR V200
- Sony TC-WR565
- Sennheiser D42OSL
- Sennheiser HD202
- Beats by Dre – Studio edition
- RME 9652 HDSP Soundcard into DAW
- Sony DTC A7 DAT
- Sony TC-WE475 Cassette Player
- 48x CD Burner
- 24x DVD burner
- Mackie 32-8
- Avalon VT 737 sp
- Universal Audio LA-610
- Grace 101
- GT The Brick Preamp
- Apogee Rosetta 200
Outboard Effects Units:
- Alesis Quadraverb2
Compressors / Gates:
- Avalon 737sp
- Universal Audio LA-610
- Grace 101
- Empirical Labs / EL8 Distressor
- Presonus ACP88
- Drawmer MX30
- Line6 Pod Pro (Studio Version)
- DigiTech GSP2101 Artist (Studio Version)
- Yamaha Motif Rack ES
- Harmon Kardon FL8550 CD Player
- 232 Point Patchbay
- Neumann TLM-103
- AKG 414
- BLUE Dragonfly
- BLUE Baby Bottle
- Shure SM7A
- Sennheiser MD421
- Shure SM81
- Electro-Voice N/D 868
- Oktava MC-012 
- Audix D2
- AKG D3600
- ATM 3035
- Shure SM57 
- Shure Beta 57
- Shure BG4.1 , Sennheiser MD518
- 1986 Fender American-made Telecaster w/custom Lace Sensor Pickups
- Alvarez large-body acoustic
- Nylon String Classical Guitar
- Everett upright piano
- Fender P-Bass
- Alesis Quadrasynth Plus Piano
- Yamaha Motif-Rack ES
- VOX AD100VT
- Hartke 2000 200 Watt Base amplifier
- Hartke Transporter 4×15 base cabinet
- Hartke 1×15 XL-series Base Sub
- Fender Blues DeVille 212 amp
- Peavey KB300 Bass / Keyboard amp
- Numerous active and passive direct boxes
- Dozens of various Latin Percussion and miscellaneous string and wind instruments